I’d be lying to you if I told you that I learned all this blogging stuff on my own by just coming up with ideas on a whim. The fact is that I learn from others… a lot! In fact I spend approximately 20x more time reading other blogs than writing in my own. I consider this worth my time because of the incredible things I learn every time I study other blogs.
Over the past few years I have collected every valuable/helpful article as it relates to becoming a better blogger that I have read. Below are 50 tips for becoming a better blogger from this archive I have created.
Creating Popularity, Authority & Trust
Learning how to create popularity, authority and trust is the holy grail of all blogging. It’s extremely difficult to do and requires time, sacrifice, and an immense amount of passion.
1. How to Create a Popular Blog
2. How to Go from 1 to 1,000,000 Users (or Readers)
3. Going From ZERO To Popularity – Real Examples
4. The 5 Elements of Authoritative Content
6. How to Impress Blog Visitors Before they Start to Read
7. How Your Worst Enemy Can Become the Key to Your Blogging Authority
8. Leo Babauta from Zen Habits Shares a Popular Post Case Study
9. How I Got 294 Comments With One Blog Post
10. 101 Ways to Drive Traffic to Your Blog
Content Strategy For Your Blog
Blogging without a strategy is fun at first, but over time it losses it’s thrill and becomes frustrating. You have to have a destination and then you have to plan out how you are going to get there.
1. The Simple 5-Step Formula for Effective Online Content
2. Ten Questions for Planning Out a Year of Blogging
3. Creating Effective and Profitable Evergreen Blog Content
4. Content Style Suggestions, Guidelines for Great Web Copy
5. 20 Types of Pages that Every Blogger Should Consider
6. The Why and How on Repeating Content on Your Blog
7. How to Create Reader Profiles/Personas to Inspire and Inform Your Blogging
8. Ten Tips for writing a blog post
9. Components of High-Quality Blog Posts
10. Are You Giving Visitors A Reason to Revisit Your Blog?
Generating Content & Ideas
It will hit you like it hits us all. Writers block! But have no fear because there are some specific things you can do to help you out of it and even better, continue publishing while you are working your way out of it.
1. If Content Is King, How Do I Generate Enough Content For My Blog?
2. How to Create More Content for Your Blog and Kill 2 Birds With 1 Stone
3. From an Idea to a Complete Article: The Story of a Successful Post
4. Forget “Content Production”, Think “Idea Exploration”
5. 3 Types of Content that Draw Consistent and High Traffic
6. Follow a Writing Process to Publish Blog Posts in Half the Time
7. The 5 Models Of Content Curation
8. Publishing is Not Enough: Become a Blog Post Curator!
9. Frictionless blogging: Remove the barriers to publishing
10. How Batch Processing Made Me 10 Times More Productive
Copywriting Tips for Blogging
Whether you like it or not now that you are a blogger, you are also now a writer! So now it’s time to train yourself to be a better writer than you have ever been before. Here are some great tips to help you do this.
1. How to craft Groupon’s signature write-ups – 27 Copywriting Do‘s and Don‘ts
2. Five Ways to Become a Better Writer and Take Your Blog to the Top
3. How To Write Well The Ernest Hemingway Style
4. Are You Creating Meaningful Content?
5. We Can Do Better: The Overlooked Importance of Professional Journalism
6. Use Google Reading Level to Improve Your Blog Message
7. 5 Easy To Fix Grammar Mistakes Bloggers Should Avoid At All Costs
8. About to Publish A Post? STOP! Read This
9. Copywriting Essentials from A to Z
10. Four Professional Editing Techniques that Boost Post Value
Tips & Tricks Only The Best Bloggers Can Give You
You can’t beat experience. Period. Those who have been doing this blogging thing for the last decade have some seriously good insights into obtaining and maintaining success in blogging. No matter how you define success.
1. 10 Blogging Myths You Must Ignore
2. 38 Critical Books Every Blogger Needs to Read
3. 23 Good Habits of Successful Bloggers
4. 7 Essential Things All Bloggers Should Be Doing
5. 15 Irrefutable Qualities of Successful Blogs
6. 5 Tips to Help You Blog Like Steve Jobs
7. 5 Influential Books All Bloggers Should Know
8. How a 30 Minute Reject Post Brings Me Hundreds of Subscribers a Week
9. How I Grew My RSS Subscription Count by 243%
10. The Best Advice I Ever Received To Make My Blog Successful
Did I miss any resources? I’d be interested in seeing if there are any that you think I have missed. If so leave a comment below and leave your link. Otherwise please share this resource on Twitter, Facebook etc. Thanks!